Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Youngest

I can't believe how much she is growing up and maturing.
These pictures aren't very good because I took them with my phone this morning. But, good enough to brag and show off.
She is showing off the shirt I made her Monday evening.





I made the mistake of taking the girls to the cloth store with me a while back.
I was there to buy material to make my niece a baby blanket.
Once they realized pattern were on sale, it turned into a shopping spree for them.
We were in the cloth store for over 2 1/2 hours.
They each had a pattern book going through it and picking out patterns of items they wanted made. Little did they know, I had already thought about it and I was going to make them pick
out their own material. I love to sew but picking out material is the worst.
Brooke would pull her pattern from the drawer and walk through the store looking for material.
The next time I would see her, she would be carrying 3 to 4 bolts of material wanting me to help her narrow down her selection. Honestly, it was fun and I would do it again in a heart beat.
Not only did she pick out the pattern and material,
I showed her how to lay the pattern pieces on the material and she cut them out by herself.
I can not express how wonderful it is to teach the girls to sew.
The time we spend together will never be forgotten.

This is the first one I have made for Brooke but there are more to come.
I am dearly loving it! (Mel I compare this to your picture taking)
I have bragged about loving to sew at work so much that I have three projects at home
that I am either hemming or making something for co-workers.

2 comments:

  1. She has grown up so much. She is beautiful. Love the shirt too. ♥ you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmmm.... can you make that shirt in my size? Good choice Brooke and way to go mama! I love it!

    ReplyDelete